Monday, May 6, 2019

Delightful Babysitting.

Our two nights keeping the new Granddaughter was a delight.  K handled her most of the time and handing her off to me when she had her hands full.  She is a very good baby, even with the tummy issues she was having that would wake her.  As good as this went, I am glad it wasn't twins.  We were pretty tired afterwards.  I look forward to the next visit.  She just turned 3 months and is very alert and wants to do things she can't.  She fights going to sleep, I think she doesn't want to miss things.  She's very responsive and will 'talk' and smile a lot.  I am totally smitten.

We don't really have any plans for this week other than K possibly staying overnight with the baby.  The weather is supposed to be very wet all week so will put a 'damper' on any outdoor activities (see what I did there?)  The current plan today is to head into town to half price books and look around for something new to read.  I have a gift card burning a hole in my wallet.  I will also look at journals.  The oldest Granddaughter approached me the last time she was here and told me she wanted me to make a cover for a journal for Christmas and she wants horses on it.  I have been looking for a leather project to work on and this will fit the bill nicely.  She won't have to wait until Christmas.  She will get it as soon as I can get it to her.  Gotta make those Grandpa points any chance I get.

I have been pushing for our church leadership to create a safety plan for a while.  They are finally taking up the issue and working on putting one in place.  It is pretty minimal but at least it is something.  I will keep pushing to get these things in place as soon as possible and not let them slide.  We have no men with law enforcement background or medical background, numerous in the military but nothing related to this that we can rely on.  They have been using the Homeland Security website that offers guide for church security.  Hopefully it will never bee needed but there have been two incidents very close to us.  The Sutherland Springs shooting and one more recent that was stopped before it got started.  The second was a random act.  The LEO's stopped the guy and found weapons in his car and admitted he was Looking for a church so he could do the Lord's' work.  That one was even closer than Sutherland Springs.  We could have easily been the target.

Keep your powder dry...Happy Trails.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Glad it went well, and we're looking at MORE rain up here too... At least I got the yard mowed... sigh