Monday, May 27, 2019

Harvest

This morning I picked the first tomatoes from the garden.  Well, I have picked a few singles of the grape tomatoes but I'm not counting those.  Today will require a sandwich for lunch with the bigger ones sliced and salted.  The others will probably be scarfed by K as she loves those little ones.  We have a lot of green ones on the vine and am hoping they will stay healthy and bugs stay away.  That reminds me to get some Marigolds soon.


I tried out a low/no carb sandwich the other day.  Being diabetic, I am always looking for new things to eat that won't blow my blood sugar levels.  I saw this on the book of faces and gave it a try.


Yes, that's a large pickle instead of a bun.  The pickle is hollowed out and filled with mustard, mayo and lunch-meat of your choice, cheese and tomatoes.  It was actually pretty good, but way too small.  I only made one as a trial, I will need to make two most likely next time.  The tomatoes kept squeezing out and it got a little messy.  Using a large toothpick should help with that.

It's that time of year here and we are seeing these little babies everyday, right up next to the house. 


Speaking of babies, this little nugget has stolen my heart.  We had her overnight again on Friday night.  It is always a pleasure and helps fill the hole in my heart from my fur buddy Buster being over the Rainbow Bridge.  I am inclined to not give her back to those people she lives with.



Happy Trails


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

She's a little cutie! :-)