Monday, June 3, 2019

Roofer and Other Stuff

The roofer finally came today and we are good to go.  No surprises and the insurance company estimate jives with his, no surprises.  They are pretty busy so it will be 3-4 weeks before they can get to it.  If I had a steeper roof, we would be looking at Aug/September.  It is amazing how much roofing prices have increased.  3 times more than what I had done in 2000.  Boggles my mind.  Be glad to get this done.

This will be a somewhat busy week for us.  K is at the doctor right now for her pre-op appointment.  She will have surgery on her heel to remove a giant bone spur around the 13th.  I don't remember the exact date.  We have and appointment for something else tomorrow but I can't remember what it is at the moment.  I have an appointment with the surgeon that did my hernia on Wednesday.  I need some minor surgery that my PCP and Dermatologist wouldn't touch and said I had to see a general surgeon.  It's nothing serious, I have had a similar (in-office) procedure when I was in my twenties.  So I assumed this could be done the same.  I assume it is due to insurance issues and liability that they won't do it in office.  So I guess it will cost me a little more.  But I have great insurance and I may not have any out of pocket expense.

Those people that take care of my new Granddaughter have not returned her to us.  They seem to think they need her more than me.  The nerve.  When K goes down for surgery I guess our time with her will decrease.  But I am inclined to get her here as much as I can.

Oh!  I almost forgot.  Got me a new shootin' iron.  Well, not much iron on this one.  Academy had a sale on that I couldn't pass up.  M&P Shield compact in 9mm, and they threw in an extra magazine all for less than $300.  It is so much easier to carry than my previous.  I need to get to the range and put it through its paces.  Hopefully this Friday evening.  There is an indoor range near me that has a special on for couples that includes supper.  Hard to beat that.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Sounds like basically good news all the way around, other than time with the grand. But that will come too!