Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Insurance Claim

Our insurance company sent out a claims adjuster a week or so ago after I had Son#1 check my roof on Mother's Day.  He said if it was his insured roof he would pay for it.  So we are in the process now of getting a contractor to come give us a bid.  I have only contacted one.  It is the same roofer that replaced my patio roof about 4 years ago due to leaks.  They were also on the 'prefered' list my insurance company had.  They will be out on June 3 for a look see.  Then we will have to come to an agreement on the cost.  Well he may need to negotiate with the insurance company.  My Son said he would replace the whole roof including the patio (it's a different type roof).  My insurance company says they won't cover replacing that also.  I worry about roof integrity/leaks.  I will rely on the roofer to tell me what he thinks and let him argue with the insurance.  I haven't had to have an insurance claim on a roof in over 30 years so I rely on Son#1 to give me info.  Things don't appear to have changed much from what I remember, but the price is incredibly different.  I was 200)$ below on my guess of the cost to replace.  SMH.

The wife is in cleaning mode.  She has some ladies coming over Thursday.  So my day has been planned out for me.....by her.  Sometime this week will take the baby for a day/night or so, she has been hard on her parents the last few nights.  Fittine her in with all K has to do it the issue.  I miss her anyway so it will be nice to see her soon. 

OK, the wife just came in informing that the baby will come today after we head to the grocery store and will stay overnight.  Son #2 appears to be desperate for a break.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Good luck with the roof!