Monday, May 20, 2019

On Hold

No plans have been made for this week...yet.  K has been ill all weekend and we are trying to get her in to see a doctor ASAP.  We are still waiting for a call back an hour later to see if they can squeeze her in today.  At one point she asked me to take her to the ER last night.  I know it was mostly frustration and had her call a 'nurse line' to see what they said.  They didn't think an ER visit was in order and she calmed down a bit.  So until this is resolved nothing is going on.  Consequently previous plans had to be cancelled and we have not been able to help out with the baby as we usually do.  I was certainly ready to see the baby again.  Maybe later this week.

Garden update:  It seems to be doing fine.  At this point there is little for me to do other than just check it each day.  There are a lot of green tomatoes, more than usual it appears.  Maybe by the first or second week of June we can start getting some fresh tomatoes in our diet.  The only issue I am having is the bermuda grass is growing in the garden faster than usual.  It's all the rain we have been having.  I noticed a few blossoms have been cut off, but I see that every year.  No idea what does that.  Since I do this completely organic I don't have any insecticide to protect them.  Oh, I just remembered, Marigolds.  They seem to work pretty good for protection.  I need to remember to get some ASAP.

We got a closet cleaned out that was way overdue.  Lots of things went in the trash.  Now there is room to relocate things that need to be moved and have easier access to those things.  It was two days of bending over (oh my back is paying the price) and going through boxes and folders full of papers and photos.  Oh the photos!  We have tons and they rarely see the light of day.  Hard to turn loose of those though.  It even freed up space in the closet in my office/man cave and now I can find things in there.  As usual we always find things we forget we had.  There was a two drawer file cabinet that was full of papers from K's parents estate.  We went through that and disposed of tons of things and are now using it for our papers instead of expanding file folders.  It's been years since passed and it was past time. Should be easier to find those papers we always seem to need but have trouble finding.  We have at least one more thing to attack in the next few days.  A double cabinet under the sink that has become a catch all of cleaning supplies etc.  It is a huge mess and I am determined to get things sorted out in there too.  

I am missing having a dog terribly, but I am sure it is more that I am missing Buster.  We have had my Son's dog, a Border Collie/Aussie mix (Moose) spend a few days with us while they were tied up.  It was pretty good having a dog a few days.  He was better behaved than I had thought he was from experiences before.  However, taking him for a walk is a no go.  He is so strong and pulls so hard he pulls K of her feet and I struggle to even walk comfortably.  We have suggested a few things to them that would help with this but they don't seem to hear us.  Parents, what do we know?

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Sorry to hear she's sick. Hope it gets sorted quickly! And cleaning is good. I need to get rid of a bunch of stuff too... sigh