Monday, August 21, 2017

Weekend

I am not really sure how to classify this weekend.  Kim had a pretty good day at the resort, but it was longer than usual and harder.  Consequently it has her down physically and that can last a few days. 
She appears to be better this morning, somewhat.  I am glad as she has planned brunch for my Mother's 85th birthday.  This will take place at Son #1's home.  So we will have to head over there in a few minutes in order to get everything accomplished.  I hope the traffic cooperates.  

I have been trying to have a meeting with my congregations' leadership for the past three months to ask some questions.  After 3 months it was sprung on me with little notice.  I was getting weird a vibe earlier and got a feeling it was going to be antagonistic which surprised me.  That part was at least a misunderstanding.  It was very trying but I had worthy support and I believe I acquitted myself in an appropriate manner and they got the message.  It was also a reminder that they are just men, like myself and can make mistakes and errors in judgement.  There are times when we all can learn something new or at least understand the other's perspective better.  I can't go into details, I put this here for my own failing memory.  The anticipation of this meeting was what made this whole weekend harder than usual for me and that affected the rib also.  

We will have only a 61% eclipse here.  That is enough to see that something is happening.  I understand that my Grandkids are very excited about it.  I assume we will still be at their house when this occurs around 1:00 PM.  It will be fun to watch their reactions.  I want to point out to them the shadows under the trees and how they look 'half moon' during the eclipse.  I have seen that a couple times and that to me is the most impressive thing about an eclipse.  The light filtering through the trees gets this weird half moon shape.  I have never heard it explained and I haven't 'googled' it either. No idea why or how it happens, I just enjoy the wonder of it.

I have a strange physical thing happening to me.  I have a slight tremor with fine motor skills.  I notice it mostly when trying to text on my phone.  My right hand has enough of a tremor that it makes it a little harder to accomplish.  If I am overly tired it is even more pronounced.  I guess most people have some sort of tremor to overly tired muscles at some point, that is what this is like.  I had gotten the weedeater going Thursday or Friday and the right arm felt strained.  It still does today and the tremor is noticeably more pronounced.  I think it is mostly due to the problems in my neck with all the compressed discs and pinched nerves.  I will need to mention this during a physical I have scheduled for next month.  No, I am not worried, so that is good.  Although it can play havoc with my leather work.  Fine detail will be a chore if it gets worse.  I already try to avoid heavy physical exertion with my arms/hands when I know I have leather to work.  Getting old isn't for pansies.

Happy Trails












1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Hopefully, things turn around. And yes, getting old is 'trying' on one, to put it mildly!