Saturday, August 19, 2017

Pulled The Plug

I admittedly spend far too much time on the PC.  Much of it is spent on the book of faces.  About the time my Granddaughter was born my Daughter-in-law convinced me I needed to get on in order to see recent photos she would post.  How could I resist as I had in the past?  I got more and more caught up in FB over the years.  I enjoyed it a lot.  Over the past few years I let the political and other similar type articles become a major focus for me.  Almost everyday I would get to shaking my head over the idiocy I would see with those posts.  I already avoid network news due to the garbage they spew most of the time.  It has spilled over into the local news at times also.  No, I didn't delete my account yet, as I have a couple business pages I tend to.  I just will be not looking at my personal page.  

Lately, with all the antifa garbage and much more stupidity I just felt like it was time to take a break from it.  Yes, I found old friends and we stay in touch that way.  I will miss some of the interaction I had with them for the most part.  I decided it was better for me to get off for awhile, not only to keep my sanity, but to keep from reacting to something stupid by saying something just as stupid.  I don't need to be saying things in the heat of the moment.  I get misunderstood enough in normal life without adding that to the mix.  Text and typed messages and posts can be so easily misunderstood since they don't convey inflection and emotion and facial expression.  It can be bad thing, I have seen it happen in my work place.  I don't need my friends and especially my family being alienated due to a misunderstanding.  Yes, I could TRY to keep from posting responses to things, but sometimes the temptation to respond is much too great.  Especially when error or truth is involved.  I seem to always get in trouble with things like that, especially with my family.  I don't need that.  Well, not 'always.'  I just don't need to have them misunderstanding me even in the least.  

So, yeah, maybe I am surrendering.  Maybe I am just avoiding being a 'trigger' by being triggered. 
Sorry I couldn't resist using the latest catch phrase.  Call it what you will, I still have this outlet.  I am old and tired.  Yes, I worry about the world my Grandchildren will be having to deal with.  Things are happening so much faster now, I know I am behind the curve most of the time.  I just have to get a break from the crazies for a while.  

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Taking a break from the crazies is good! :-)