Sunday, August 27, 2017

Update From Hurricane Zone

We have been very fortunate in regard to Hurricane Harvey.  Just continous rain, not what they predicted, we have gotten about 3 inches along with some wind.  the wind isn't even very strong where I live.  Although just to the south of me they have recorded over 50 mph winds.  It still isn't over but I doubt we will see anything worse here.  I can't say that for the folks to the southeast of us. 
It has been horrific there and it is still going with major flooding.

On another note, we were informed this week that Son #2 will be getting married much sooner than expected.  He was 'told' a new much earlier date than the Spring Break time originally planned.  Yeah, he caved, the Nancy LOL.  We are pretty excited actually and have been making arrangements for a quick long road trip to Phoenix.  I will keep the date under wraps for now, OPSEC you know.  No, she isn't pregnant.  

Just over a year ago, May or early June of last year we replaced our microwave.  We had one of those over the counter jobs, so they are about double the price of a good counter top model.  Well, it has gone toes up now.  One year warranty?  Just past it.  I tried to hold out and just see how well we do without a microwave.  It is mostly a convenience thing.  We spent many of our early married years without one and then we got a hand me down.  Well, it appears that we use that thing much more than I guessed and the wife is caving to getting a new one ASAP.  This is just after a week without one.  I have to admit, making tacos out of left overs just doesn't work real well without a microwave.  I don't know how we did it back then LOL.  I am sure we would be OK without, but you know how it goes, happy wife.....

Happy Trails

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yep, gotta keep SWMBO happy... Congrats to the boy! :-)

Harry Flashman said...

I'm glad you are spared the worst of the storm. Looking at the news this morning, some parts of Texas have really taken a hit.

I bought a microwave a year ago and it blew out too, but it was during a big electrical storm and I suspect that was the culprit.

Randy said...

Old NFO-No idea what a SWMBO is lol.

Harry Flashman_Yes they have and it stell isn't over as far as flooding goes. they say rain may continue in those areas until next weekend.