Monday, December 5, 2016

Remembering

Most mornings I go through a semi regular routine.  One of which is sitting here in front of the computer checking email, news and the book of faces.  If you are familiar with the book of faces you are aware that each day they show you 'memories,' things that you have posted on your timeline all the way back to the beginning of your time on facebook.  It can be fun, embarrassing, entertaining and humbling.  The last of which happened to me today.  There were reminders that today is the day I got sent home from my surgery and 2 years prior to that the same for my love, Kim.  To see the out pouring of comments, well wishes and thankfulness was a wonderful reminder of the care shown to me and my bride during those rough times.  I also don't want to forget mention those of you that were here back then and the well wishes and comments that were sent my way.  They are also remembered and still appreciated.  Consequently I am feeing a bit humbled and thankful today.  That is a good thing.

On another note, it has been raining here since Friday.  I have gotten just over 5 inches of rain in that short time.  It has been raining almost continuously during that time, with most of it on Saturday and Sunday.   So we have been reluctant to get out much other than to head to the church house.  It is supposed to start slacking off today, but it hasn't as I write this.  Thing are just a bit damp.  In this part of Texas, rain is always welcome, but it seem to try to make up for the slack times all at once.  As much as I would prefer it to spread itself out over a longer period of time, we will take what we can get and be thankful.

There has been no freeze here yet.  Once again this is starting off as a very mild winter.  I still am picking tomatoes and there are plenty still on the vine.  That may all come to a screeching halt come early Friday morning.  As of today they are predicting a low of 27*,  that should end the tomatoes.  I don't think I can save them with it that low and they are in a more exposed area.  So late Thursday I will harvest the last green ones and let them ripen inside.

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Remember the good, not the bad! We had heavy rain Saturday, Thursday we're supposed to be down around 17, gonna be a tad chilly up here. Good luck with the tomatoes.

Harry Flashman said...

We're getting rain here too. Very Welcome. Temps going down in the teens starting Thursday, so it's more like winter than it has been.