Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Pretty Quiet

We have been pretty quiet here.  Not much of anything going on.  I got a new e-reader for Christmas, the Kindle Fire.  The youngest son gifted me.  There is a little learning curve from the Nook Color I have been using.  I now see why the nook never really took off like the Kindle.  I will need to make a cover for it.  I just need to get some appropriate leather.  I want to tool on it but can't really decide what I want to put on there.  Those type ideas are harder for me than the actual tooling.  I have a piece of leather that is much thinker than what I would normally use, I may try to use that.  I go back and forth on that and the drawbacks of having a cover that is 3 times thicker than my previous.  I will need to figure out how to make the fold supple enough to actually work well enough.  Some thinning (skiving) will be necessary, something I have never done.

The weather here has been goofy.  It has been in the low 80's for a high and the humidity has been terrible.  It is so humid it looks like fog.  Reminds me of the few days I spent in Georgia 16 years ago. Miserable to say the least.

My Ranger truck is a four door super cab. The wife uses the back door on her side almost every time we go somewhere.  She often has more than just her purse, and the back gets that out of her way.  The other day when we got home she couldn't get the door open.  Apparently, after some research, there are some plastic parts that have quite a bit of stress put on them that wear out.  This is not an easy fix at all and I don't even have some of the tools required to complete the job.  I would hate to start this and get to a point that I can't even close the door and need to use the truck.  This is a fix that may not even happen for a while.  I hate having things that don't work right, they make me crazy, but this one will have to wait.  There is more there than I have the patience for or attention span.  My attention span I have noticed has gotten much shorter the older I get.  I even have trouble reading some of my books for any length of time.  A few pages and I am ready to move on with some of them.  Not all but most.  This getting old stuff is PITB.

Happy Trails.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

That's not surprising, planned obsolescence is now 'built in' to all vehicles... sigh...