Monday, October 3, 2016

Gone Fishing

Actually, I went fishing.  We were invited up to a friends place near Lake LBJ Friday.  As soon as we got there around 10:30 AM they took me out on their boat.  The weather was perfect.  Clear, cool and calm.  The water was muddy ob the part where the Llano river is from all the recent rains so we went over into the area where the Colorado river joins the Llano.  That area is called the Llanorado by the locals.  The water was clearer there.  There are even a few Canadian geese in this area.  They are there all year, they don't migrate.  Probably as far South as you will ever see them, I don't know for sure.  You can see a couple of them in the second photo below if you click on it.  I was pretty rusty with my casting it has been so long.  It took a bit to get the feel for it back enough where I at least stopped embarrassing myself with bad casts lol.  Yeah, it got pretty funny at times.


We didn't really catch anything.  I did hang a nice bass of about 3 lbs but I did a poor job of tying my lure on and it came untied before I landed it.  Oh well, I would have released it anyway.  It got the blood pumping a little.

The weather has been spectacular since a cool front came in late last week.  Cool and dry.  We had some pretty colorful sunrises the last few days.

By the time I got back out with the camera the colors had already faded a little.  Still pretty good.

Lots of fall cleaning this week and prep for a BBQ this Friday evening will keep me way busier than I usually am.  So I may be out of pocket posting here.

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Harry Flashman said...

that sounds like a really good time. Our river here is so dried up that where people are usually fishing in boats in a normal year, you can walk all the way across from one bank to the other without getting your knees wet.

Old NFO said...

A day on the water beats most everything else! :-)