Friday, October 7, 2016

I'm Back

Well the PC is anyway.  Windows was corrupted and had to be reloaded and then upgraded.  Lost everything on it, documents, thousands of photos, hundreds of bookmarks, and on and on. Consequently when I lost my bookmarks it took them off my blog roll apparently.  No idea why that is possible but it happened.  So I am in the process of trying to remember everyone's blog I visit and bookmark them.  Not to mention reinstalling all the software that I use.  This will take some time.  So if I had your blog on my sidebar I will try to get it back eventually. 

Not having the PC made me realize just how much time I spend in front of the stupid thing.  Even my dog, Buster was confused.  He usually spends most of the day with me in my office and that wasn't happening.  He is as much a creature of habit as I am.  His ears seem to be over the infections but his hearing has been significantly degraded.  We are hoping that there is just a lot of junk down in there from the infections.  We are going to give it a little time to see how it goes.  We may try irrigating the ears ourselves and see what happens, but we certainly don't want to cause another infection due to moisture.

Meat is currently on the grill/smoker for the get together Friday evening.  Saturday Kim returns to work at the resort and I should be somewhat free.  Normally I would watch my favorite college football team play in the biggest rivalry game they have.  But things have gone south so fast I have lost confidence in the ability of the coach.  I have never been and will never be a fair weather fan and it pains me to say that about the coach.  I believe he is truly a good person and a good coach.  At this point I think he may be in over his head.  Some of his decisions just don't make much sense and leave everyone scratching their heads.  Unfortunately for him, I think the powerful boosters will have a huge influence on whether he goes or stays at the end of the season.  From all appearances and things I've read they are fed up.  It's been too many years of mediocrity and less for any more patience to be shown.  If he does get sacked, I am not sure they won't be set back again.  It may be a case of the right man at the wrong time.

Happy Trails

No comments: