Thursday, October 27, 2016

Old Work Friends

Wednesday I drove down into the South Texas Brush country.  A friend I worked with many years ago lives down there, has all his life.  He is a Texas Country Boy.  He could be a poster for that.  I hadn't seen him in about 5 years but we chat online every few months.  He had also invited a few others I knew, some better than others, that worked for the same State entity I did but in other counties.  I knew them as well and got to spend a few hours telling lies and eating dead wild hog meat.  

It was about a 2 hour drive (85 miles) to get there having to navigate the entire width of the rat hole I live North of before I hit the open highway.  Even then it wasn't without it's hiccups. Road construction closed a large portion of the road I used to one lane.  

It was worth it, to see these old faces and cut up and just visit with no agenda.  The faces have aged as well as the bodies but the men I knew are still there.  The things that made me become friends with them in the first place are still the same.  That's refreshing to know that.  These were the guys that made the job worth it.  They deserved more from the job than they ever got or asked for.  Brought back a lot of great memories.  I was going to take a few photos of those old faces but got so caught up in the fun I completely forgot.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

If you had fun, it's ALL worth it! :-) And yes, the only change is the hair and body... The personalities are still the same!