Wednesday, October 5, 2016

PC Problems

My desktop PC is seriously jacked up (on the wife's laptop for now).  The PC froze up on me and I couldn't do anything.  Not the first time this has happened.  Only solution was to power off and then back on.  As it powered on, it took forever to boot up and get to the desktop.  Once there, I wasn't able to open anything.  Sometimes I would get a message that there was no interface available for that function.  Not good at all.  After googling a fix there were several things I tried that were suggested.  Nada.  Still the same.  Even my rescue disks won't work.  So now it is at a point beyond my knowledge/capabilities.  This comes at a time I really can't afford an unplanned expense.  Isn't that always the case?  

I am trying to contact the PC guru that fixed the wife's laptop a while back and see if he wants to take a stab at mine.  If not, I will have to find a repair shop/  I truly believe that the operating system (windows 10) is corrupted beyond repair, if not, the hard drive has gotten damaged.  I am hoping it is just Windows, that would be less of a hit I think.

Until I get this resolved posting will be even more erratic than previous.  This may take a while.

Happy Trails

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

You're not the first one, friend of mine's also blew up, they had to completely reinstall Win 10 to 'fix' it, then restore all of his hardware links.

JB Books said...

Best Buy Geek squad is pretty cheap

Harry Flashman said...

My son had the same problem. He had to reinstall the operating system, which was Windows 10.

Nice header picture.