Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Busy

Been a little busy these last few days.  A couple leather projects some yard work and various errands, just the usual things of life.  Haven't had a lot of mojo to sit and write on the blog, especially about such mundane things.  

I am a bit more concerned about the things that are going on in the world that I have been reading about.  The crap the libtards and the complicit media spew is just mind boggling to me.  How can almost every major news outlet talking head have the same agenda, get hildabeast elected at all costs? Unfortunately there are much to many folks in this country that only listen and buy into the crap they spew forth and then vote like robots accordingly.  

A while back I read a piece that basically was a prediction about how things would go to keep the current potus in office beyond his term.  It was plausible, but I doubted whether something like that would actually happen.  Then this past week I read another article along the same vein from a completely different source and circumstances.  They also pointed out the latest confrontations in the world, mainly with Russia and the moves they have made recently.  I don't know anything about the sources whether they are conspiracy theorists, wack jobs seeking attention, or legitimate news sources.  It did give me food for thought regardless.  Then there are the seemingly false flag things going on to distract from the leaks about hildabeast's latest corrupt actions.  Can't hurt to be more prepared for a catastrophe whether natural, man made or government made.  I have no doubt of which is the most likely.

Painting should start today.  But then we will get some wet weather in a couple more days.  I think we can finish that up before it arrives.  We are finally supposed to get a REAL cold front this week.  I believe it's supposed to hit Thursday and possibly be down in the 40's by Friday.  I am looking forward to it, but I hope it's not real windy, but it probably will be with that drastic of a change in temps.  From 90's down to 40's, yeah, it will be windy.  I'll take it anyway.  

I have a couple tomatoes finally starting ripen and it looks like I will get to harvest a few before any freeze hits this year.  We generally don't get our first real freeze until mid November or later.  That will give me time to get a couple weeks worth of fresh tomatoes.  Still haven't found any onions to plant and may not since it is getting late for that.

A friend gave me her Nook color to replace mine since the battery was dying.  There is no real solution to the battery issue.  Barnes and Noble never set up a way for them to be easily replaceable. Another misstep in their management of the Nook platform.  I have been using my Nook up to the last second and it has gotten to point I am charging it daily.  So I started setting up the other Nook that was given to me.  One of the apps that I use on mine, the Bible Reader, won't even install on the newer Nook.  No idea why that is but it won't let me even download it, giving a message that it won't work on this device.  Makes no sense at all.  So I will return the gift Nook back to the original owner and contemplate my next steps.  I have settled on going with one of the Kindle's, either the Fire or the Paperwhite.  More research is needed.  If they can't use the same app for my bible I am not sure what I will do then.  I still have more questions about the Kindles, color display, available apps, etc. before the final decision.  I don't want to feel like I made a mistake after I spend the cash.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Good luck with the painting... I have an old nook with over 1000 books on it. Don't know what I'm going to do when it finally dies... sigh