Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Oblivious?

No, I am not.  I am sadly aware.  I generally choose not to rant about the craziness in the world.  There are plenty of others that can do a much better job of sharing their thoughts.  However, sometimes I can't help myself.  

In regard to the latest tragedy, I am surprised it hasn't happened and on a larger scale and more often.  When it does, I try to avoid all the politics that both sides indulge in.  The solutions offered, especially by those of the left are totally self serving.  NONE of their ideas or solutions make any sense...at all.  I refuse to get into a debate with them.  They are so blinded by their agenda they can't see reality, even with it staring down the barrel of an AK 47.  There is no solution to evil.  It exists, it always has.  No amount of rhetoric from either side will stop it.  You can put what ever name you want on it, pretty it up and put makeup on it.  Put lipstick on a pig and it's still a pig.  Evil is still evil.

My reaction to the latest is sadness for the families of those that lost someone.  Sadness, that there are those that want to use events like this to promote their political agenda, politicians and media mostly.  Also there is anger, anger at those same agenda promoters mentioned above.  Anger that we have become a weak kneed country that is more afraid of doing the wrong thing than actually doing the right thing.  Anger at those that continue to defend an ideology that has no basis in truth.  Anger, that our government has made the American people divided against itself.  I also pray, for guidance, wisdom, understanding and compassion, and for myself to react in a rational manner.  These prayers are also offered for those that run what's left of our government.  But mostly prayers for those that have lost and for the defeat of this particular evil.

Not today, I just can't say it.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Well said, the dead and wounded are lost in the shuffle, as soon as they are no longer newsworthy...

Harry Flashman said...

I think that was a fairly articulate and accurate summation of the situation today. I don't know myself what can be done about it. I suppose the best thing is to prepare yourself as best you can for what's coming down the pike. There's only so much one person can do, so I am devoting my efforts to things that will be of use to my family. Don't really feel like any of us can stop the rot now.