Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Good News

The doctor appointment went well.  I didn't actually see the doctor, I saw the FNP.  Just as well.  Since there was nothing unusual about the visit I felt comfortable enough seeing the FNP.  Family Nurse Practitioner, FNP's have to specialize in what ever field they choose as I understand it, i.e. Family Medicine, Urology etc.

The main thing is, there is still no detectable cancer.  For this I am exceedingly grateful.  We are looking into a different type of hormone replacement therapy.  The twice a week injections are literally a pain.  The option is having them inject me with pellets every four months.  There is the additional cost to consider and an additional trip to the doc.  But at this point I am willing to try something else.  I can always go back.  As far as the other issue I mentioned, there is no alternative at this point.  At two years after the surgery, they will look at another option, which requires more injections.  There are other considerations I am not comfortable with, so that will most likely be a no go.  Plus, I suspect my insurance won't cover that.  Yes, things are good all in all.

I watch the young fawns around here quite a bit.  There is one fawn in particular that has taken to laying in the flower bed right against the front of the house.  It obviously feels safe there, even with Buster pawing at the window and an occasional bark when it moves.  I have been noticing that the does don't seem to mind letting any fawn suckle, even when they aren't their own.  I was relating this to the wife and she came back with 'so you are saying it takes a village?'  She knows how to push my buttons when she wants to.  She knows I think that is libtard bunk.  I set her up pretty good with that one.

Happy Trails


2 comments:

CenTexTim said...

Don't know enough to comment, other than "no news is good news" re: no detectable cancer. Go out and celebrate.

Old NFO said...

Agree with Tim, that is a good thing! They others, well apparently there are options.