Monday, June 6, 2016

Another Follow Up

Tuesday I visit the Urologist.  He will go over the results of my latest bloodwork to see if there is any indication of a return of my cancer.  He will do this for the next 8.5 years.  Eventually, as time goes on I will go less often than every few months.  Not sure what the progression is for that exactly.  It will eventually move out to every 6 months.  I am not sure but at some point it goes to once a year.  They are very careful on how they say things to you.  They say things like 'there is no detectable trace of cancer.'  I get it.  But it doesn't bother me at all that they can't say 'you don't have cancer.'  It could be much much worse. 

There are a few things he will also need to address for me.  Questions I have and whether we want to pursue another type treatment to deal with one of the issues I have from the surgery.  Prescribed meds have been no help.  Next is some sort of injection I am not looking for ward to at all.  I am not sold on that at this point anyway.  I get stuck with enough needles as it is already.  

It's still pretty soggy around here and a stray shower will pop up without warning.  Kim got soaked at the resort Saturday.  They have her outside, and where she was at she couldn't see the weather developing.  One of those stray showers came in with a lot of wind and blew her craft items all over the place and what didn't get blown got soaked.  But everything turned out OK.

The weather is still so unsettled.  We don't really make plans to take any day trips or much of any outdoor activity.  It has even been hard to find a way to cut the grass in the yard.  Kim mentioned missing the Grandkids the other day.  The will be here for nearly a full week later in the month.  But I think she wants to have them come over sooner and stay.  We need the weather to be better so we can get them outside.  



2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Hope you get the meds straightened out. And yes, GOOD weather so you can kick the kids out in the yard! :-)

Randy said...

Thank you sir