Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Waiting

As I write this Tuesday afternoon we are waiting for the onslaught of thunder storms that are supposed to be rolling through here for next couple days along with the threat of damaging hail.  Rolling is a very appropriate description as far as I'm concerned.  In my young childhood, I was very fearful of thunder.  The louder it was the more frightened I was.  My Grandfather explained to me that the sound was just a Potato Wagon going across a wooden bridge.  I could just picture that in my mind.  The wagon hitting the slope of a wooden bridge at a high speed along with horse hooves and a few potatoes falling off the wagon.  It didn't do much for my fears at that time, but I still have that picture in my mind during thunder storms.  I actually find stormy weather a bit exhilarating now. I really hope we have little to no hail.  But the weather geeks are saying there will be damaging hail. 

We may have defeated the fleas.  Buster is much more comfortable.  We have only seen him scratch once.  I flipped him over and found only one flea.  We are hoping this is as far as it goes and we won't have to call in an exterminator.

We took a quick trip into town.  Kim needed some new shoes and there was a big sale at her favorite store.  Kim goes through shoes pretty fast.  She used to sell shoes at one time so has become tuned in to shoes that are failing.  Since most of her work involves being on her feet they wear out pretty quick.  Ladies shoes aren't made to be stylish and sturdy.  It's either or.  She need's stylish, one because she likes them and  two, much of her work involves fashion.

I have been wearing some of my dress shirts for over ten year and my white ones just aren't cutting it anymore.  So I picked up a few shirts and matching ties on or trip.  I should be good to go for a looooong time. 

Happy Trails

5 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yep, we can wear the same 'stuff' for years, no problem... :-) Glad the fleas are outta there!

CenTexTim said...

Dress shirts?!? Randy, you're retired! I have one white and one blue dress shirt that I wear to weddings and funerals. For any other semi-formal occasion I wear either a Hawaiian shirt or a polo shirt. Otherwise it's t-shirts or tank tops.

Needless to say, my wife is displeased... ;-)

Randy said...

CenTexTim_ I hear ya, an I may not wear them for a while with the summer coming on. I do wear them to church mostly. I can't even find tanks.

CenTexTim said...

Our church has an informal dress code. Nice slacks and a button-down shirt, or even a nice polo shirt in the summer, are perfectly acceptable. That's one of the reasons we go there... :-)

Randy said...

there is no 'dress code' at ours. I just do it out of tradition, the way I was raised..i rarely wear a tie in summer though and opt for short sleeves.