Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Cha-ching, It Keeps Adding Up

Trying to finish up a couple small leather projects this week.  Two passport wallets Kim wanted made.  She sold the other one the first day she had it.  The man told her he would have bought another had she had it.  Who knew?  I will make one with the same image I used on the first, the other will be a bit whimsical.  Photos when they are finished.

We are considering upgrading our current cell phones.  Kim has a smartphone since she needs that for business.  The batter isn't lasting as long and it sometimes will not ring or notify her of a message.  I am still in the stone age of cell phones.  OK, maybe not the stone age, but certainly the Dark Age.  I still use a flip phone.  I have never had any real need for a smart phone.  I rarely talk on the phone and text little.  However, I am also looking at going smartphone.  The Bluetooth feature will work with my hearing aids.  That is the main reason I want to upgrade.  I have trouble with phone unless I put it on speaker, and I don't want to do that every time.  The phone carrier says we can upgrade to a particular phone and only add 20$/mo to our bill.  We won't add any data coverage, I don't anticipate the need for me at all.  Anything I would use will be solely through the wireless connection.  At least that's the plan.

Buster has been having some itching issues.  We treat him for fleas every month and he has been free from them as far as we can see in that long mass of hair.  We usually trim his hair and bathe him this time of year.  We are looking into getting it done professionally this time.  We are shopping groomers.  He doesn't mind his manners well around other dogs, so we don't want to run into any issues by taking him to a store with other dogs.  The option is the mobile groomers that come to your house.  Much more expensive, by as much as 40$.  He goes the vet this afternoon for his annual vaccinations an check up.  The groomers require proof of shots etc. before he is expose to other dogs.  We will also have the vet check for his itching problem, verify it's not allergies. I think it is something other than fleas, maybe an allergy he has developed.  He hasn't lost any fur or has any raw spots.  But it has to be uncomfortable to itch so much.

Happy Trails

3 comments:

Harry Flashman said...

As soon as my wife retired, we got rid of our cell phones. Now we have a land line and that's it.

My ferrets are allergic to pine pollen, which is one everything at this time of year. When I take them out to play, they have to be bathed when they come back inside. Then they have to have benedryl as well.

Randy said...

Harry Flashman-We have done the benadryl at times...the vet said its fleas even though they couldn't find any, the residue was present. We got him some flea meds and a good shampoo at the groomer and some steroids for the itching. he should be good to go soon

CenTexTim said...

We're getting our dogs (long-haired mutts) groomed in a couple of weeks. It's not fleas or the heat. It's the damn sand burrs. They're terrible this year.

We have a few acres, only a small portion of which are cultivated. The rest is natural. That attracts wildlife, which in turn attracts the dogs. They take their guard duties very seriously, and are always charging off into the brush to chase something. They return covered in burrs, agarita vines, etc. Removing them is an exercise in futility, because they just do it again and again - lather, rinse repeat...