Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Quiet

I spent a quiet Memorial Day at home.  The weather has been very unsettled the past week and continues into this week.  There has been MUCH flooding in this part of Texas, although our area has dodged most of the flooding we are getting a lot of rain.  As saturated as the ground is, we could easily have flooding also.  We have had some creeks flowing pretty well that don't flow much at all.  This period is very similar to this time last year.  But after at least three straight years of harsh drought, not many are complaining about the wet weather.  In fact, I have have not heard a single negative word.

I spent time looking for a new book or two to occupy my mind and watching Saving Pvt. Ryan.
 
The weekend and holiday weren't so quiet for my bride.  This was the first weekend without working at the resort she has been at the last few years.  However, work at the other resort has taken up the slack, at least for this weekend.  She was even requested to come an additional day, Sunday, which she never does.  She has been feeling a bit of pressure to accept any other work from them to try and 'make up' for the other 'lost' resort.  She puts too much pressure on herself in that regard, trying to keep me in my customary lavish lifestyle.

Hope your weekend was great.

Happy Trails

 


4 comments:

Old NFO said...

It was quiet... And I hope she's able to 'balance' everything out.

Randy said...

Old NFO-so far so good, and thanks

Harry Flashman said...

I saw on the Weather Channel that you folks were having a bad time with flooding, and that more rain was coming your way. Saw a clip of a water moccasin swimming through someone's yard, and horses standing on a front porch trying to get out of the water. I hope your place doesn't get any of that.

Randy said...

Harry Flashman-Nothing like that at my home, but various roads were closed. thanks