Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Gadget Girl

Kim will see something that looks like a good idea and if she thinks she has a need for it she will buy it.  It's the kind of stuff you see being hawked by those TV pitchmen.  Not everything, just a few. 

The other day I was at the grocers with my sweet bride.  We got separated more than usual.  We got home with our haul and I see this thing she bought.



They had a demo in the store and she bought it.  She went right to work slicing up some of the veggies we just bought.  She told me just hates slicing lettuce.  OK.  If she used it no big deal, even though I am thinking that the many knives we had would work too.  No, I didn't say it out loud.

The next day we were both working on getting supper ready.  Potatoes and onions were part of the meal.  She asked if I wanted them sliced thin or in chunks.  I didn't care.  She get out her new gadget.  We're having them sliced thin.  Along with the tip of her pinky finger.  She runs to get the profuse bleeding stopped.  I step in the finish up slicing.  BIG MISTAKE!  About four strokes in and the side of my thumb is just gone.  Dumb@$$.  

Yeah, that thing I am pointing at, that's the piece of my thumb.  If you click on the pick you can even see the thumbprint on it lol.


Now my thumb is noticeably thinner on one side.  Kim keeps saying how sorry she is and feels guilty.  Even though I feel like the dumb@$$ after she just did it.  No. we didn't go to the doc or ER.  There is so much missing there is nothing to stitch to.  Just stop the bleeding and hope it heals quickly.  Never knew I used that part of my thumb so much. 

The stupid thing has a handle thing you use to hold the veggie but I didn't see/use it.  This thing is heading back to the store.

We bandaged ourselves as best we could.  Come Tuesday morning and Kim changes her bandage.  Through her tears of pain I got a look at her wound.  It looked to me as if she lost the tip of her finger, not much but it looked worse than i thought mine was.  And she was crying it hurt so bad to rip to rip the old bandage off.  The bleeding still hadn't stopped.  OFF to the ER.  I had them look at mine too.  They said mine was worse.  They really could do nothing to help, no meat to stitch to on that small an area.  So we both got pressure bandages with a special cover to keep from ripping open the wound again and again and a dose of antibiotics.  The antibiotics were mainly to protect me due to my diabetes.

And we need a new microwave...SMH

Happy Trails.

5 comments:

Old NFO said...

OH man, that sucks. I sliced myself open, but I managed to that with a knife... Hope y'all heal quickly!

Randy said...

Old NFO-Thanks, already much better.

CenTexTim said...

Now you can go out and commit all sorts of crimes, because your 'new' fingerprints won't match your old ones.

Harry Flashman said...

I was just talking to the wife about needing a food processor because I'm tired of slicing onions. Maybe I will reconsider.

Randy said...

CenTexTim-LOL

Harry Flashman-food processor should be safe...this thing, it's a manolin, they gave it some other fancy name....it's dangerous. the store took it back, but I kept my finger slice