Tuesday, May 3, 2016

May Is Already Here

The dental appointment went pretty well.  The tooth was pulled without much trouble.  Just dealing with some discomfort and trying to keep food out of the hole in my jaw.  It was very expensive to get this done.  Much more than I anticipated.  I don't know much about dental rates since I have little experience, so I don't really know if he was overly expensive or not.  I do know that once I finally get an insurance dentists will accept I will be lookimg for a new dentist.  

With all the rain we have been having, it has put a damper on any outdoor activities.  This means no yard work, which is good, but I also hate the way the yard looks.  The garden is going gangbusters with this rain.  Not much fruit has appeared but the growth of the plants themselves has just been super.  I have already had to go to the second stack on my tomato cages.  Hoping I won't need a third, cause I don't have a third lol.

The weather has also prevented us from venturing out on any day trips.  We usually take a couple per month this time of year and we just haven't been able to.

I have purposely been avoiding writing or commenting about the political landscape, but I ain't happy.  I just don't think there is a candidate that meets every criteria that I have.  So I am trying to figure out what I will do this November.  I have been considering not voting at all, which is totally against my nature.  But I feel conflicted, that voting for someone that is opposed to something I feel strongly about is compromising my principles.  I am loathe to do that.  Much time shall be spent in prayer.

Happy Trails


2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Glad you got the tooth done before it became a real problem! Re voting... ALWAYS vote, even if you write in Joe Schmuckatelli!

Randy said...

Old NFO, Oh I will vote. It means to much to me, the sacrifices others have made that allow me to do that. It's the HOW that is my issue. I have a strong suspicion on the way it will go.