Monday, April 18, 2016

Zoo Day

We finally got some good weather this past week and made a trip to the local zoo.  We met the GrandKids and that lady that lives with them.  We were really looking forward to this, a mid week trip to the zoo with less folks than on the weekend or holiday.  We would have the place pretty much to ourselves.  Wrong.  It never downed on me that every second and third grader in the county would be having a field trip also.  

They were pretty unruly, but the parents were even worse at times.  Several times I would be standing next to one that felt the need to scream at 'William.'  They were much louder and more obnoxious than William.  Glad my hearing aids were in the shop.

We actually become members for not much more than the entry fee for the both of us.  I'm sure we will go again so it will pay off.

It's been more years than I can remember that we have been to the zoo.  They do a good job changing exhibits to more animal friendly enclosures along with new animals I had never seen before.  Like the Opaki.  Looks like a horse designed by the government.




There are several exhibits that you get charged extra to enter, that grates a little even though it isn't much.  One such was the Butterfly enclosure.  That was pretty cool.



                       


It was a fun day with the Gkids.  After 4 hours my butt was dragging.  I haven't been very active since my surgery and it really was evident.  I really need to get busy with some exercise.....maybe next week.  Sorry about the butterfly sex photo.

Happy Trails.

No comments: