Tuesday, April 5, 2016

No Schedule

It's funny how things work out with our week.  I usually ask Kim on Sunday evening what we have coming up for the week.  That way I' not surprised by something or how I can go about arranging things that I feel need to get done or want to do.  

She advised me that there was nothing except meeting her brother for lunch before he moves to another city in far West Texas.  Alpine to be exact.  So the week was going to relatively free.  However, there are quite a few things I need to get done.  So being free is a relative term.  

First, there is some minor plumbing, replacing the guts to one of the toilets.  Trip to Home Depot.  We have extremely hard water and things get corroded with the limestone that is in the water, pretty quickly.  We replace water heaters much to often due to this not to mention all the other things that get messed up with this stuff.  We knew next to nothing about water softeners at the time we built.  We opted out since the builder couldn't offer us softener free water to the outside hose bibs.  At the time the only option was a softener using salt.  That will kill your lawn.  So I opted out.  Little did I know that the water where we are is much much harder than where we lived before.  Wish I knew more then.  There was no WWW to research back then.

OK, back on subject.  I can make myself busy with a ton of yard work.  Cutting grass, trimming shrubs, and just general clean up to keep myself busier than I want to be.  Kim forgot also that we postponed the Zoo trip to this week, that maybe squeezed in also.

Finished up one of the leather phone cases I had an order for.  I think it turned out pretty well.  I made a few modifications to the kit to meet the needs of the client.  Added a belt clip instead of the leather belt loop and a magnetic closure instead of the Velcro closure.  Forgot to record a photo of it, but now I have a pattern for that size phone.  A couple more leather projects will get started this week also.  Another phone case and a passport wallet a customer of Kim's asked about.  There willbe other things also that crop up that will change plans or rearrange the schedule.  Funny how not having anything on the schedule relates to extra busy at times.  But this ain't a newsflash to the retired.

Happy Trails

No comments: