Friday, April 22, 2016

Friday

Grandkids are here.  Keeps us a little busy, so not much time or thought goes into posting something here.

I did get my hearing aids back from repair at Costco Wednesday evening.  Something just seemed off, one side was louder than the other, or so it seemed.  Maybe a few days to readjust to them was what I needed.  Yes, I am deafer in one ear than the other.  By Thursday evening they were really bugging me.  I can make some adjustments on my own with an 'app' on the wife's phone.  No, I am still in the stone age of cell phones, no smart phone for me yet.  I just don't use a phone much at all so why pay all that extra.  If I want to get on the www I will do that at home, not when I am away busy with other things.

The hearing aids have bluetooth so they can pair up with the phone so you cab access the app.  It wouldn't work this time.  Messed with it off and on all day Friday.  No dice.  By that time I had decided to go back to Costco and see if they could get it to work.  Later that evening I started experiencing the same issues that lead me to take them back for repair.  

I was at Costco just after they opened at 10 AM Friday.  They were busy enough that I had to leave them and will return at 3:30 PM for adjustments to see if they can fix them up.  If not, back for repair.  Yup, another trip into town, but I have become pretty used to hearing better, so I will do what I need to do to get these things back working right.

We have two engagements for supper Friday night.  This rarely if ever happens so we had to decline one, which we were loathe to do.  But the first engagement was made almost a month ago.  It would be funny if something happened and we could do neither.  It would be just my luck.

Happy Trails

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Hearing is a good thing... I'm waiting on my appointment to get fitted... sigh

Harry Flashman said...

We almost never socialize. I can't remember the last time we went out to dinner with another couple. On the other hand, since my wife retired we have been going into town for a meal just about every other day or so.

Randy said...

Old NFO, I was surprised at how much I actually i not hear. At first it was almost overwhelming.

Harry Flashman, Yes, we ha to limit how much we were eating out once I retired an the wife's job changed. We were doing it much to often