Friday, April 15, 2016

More Garden

The garden is looking pretty good.  Tried a new thing this time.  I wrapped the new tomato cages in clear plastic.  It has a bit of a green house effect.  I got the idea from my garden guru.  Last year we planted our gardens at the same time.  He was harvesting much sooner than I was.  From what I can tell, my plants are doing much better this year (faster growth).  I already have blooms.

Strawberries are very tart, the few I have picked.  They were very sweet last fall.  No idea what is up with them.  I don't even get enough to do any good.  I may just let them go away next year and use the space for something else.

The onions are going gangbusters.  The one I picked was very very strong.  The smell almost knocked me out.  they can be used for cooking, not sure about eating raw, may not be sweet enough.  They won't be fully mature until June.  Maybe they will mellow out by then.  I'll try a different breed next time, probably the Texas 10-15.  October 15 = 10-15, that's the day they are supposed to be planted.





Happy Trails

1 comment: