Saturday, June 22, 2019

The Hits Keep Coming

As I write this Friday evening about 6 PM my Dad is undergoing surgery on his hip.  He fell and broke it last night.  Mom called early this morning to let us know.  With K immobile and my open wound, it is near impossible for me to be there with her.  My Brother and his Wife are there along with Son #2.  I worry about my Mom and how anxious she gets in stressful situations.  This is a very serious issue for my Dad.  According to the doctor, the next 90 days are critical to his survival.  How rehab goes will make the difference.  He didn't do well in rehab 6 years ago with his knee replacement.  It's all up to him.  The future is clouded.

On a brighter note, K had her first doctor appointment since surgery.  Things are progressing nicely and her pain is minimal.  That in itself is a big deal as far as I'm concerned.  She will get the stitches out next Friday and then the following week get a walking boot.  Encouraging.  

We have also cut our home health nurse back to two visits a week.  K is willing to handle my wound care now that I am relatively pain free.  They will come in to check progress the other times and make sure I am not infected.  The nurse today gave her a quick lesson on how to do it and what to look for.  This is great as far as I'm concerned.  It frees us up more and will allow us to not have to  wait around all day for the nurse.  So if K has a mind to we may even go out for a change of scenery or at the least to church.

More good news, my closest cousin who I grew up with has been battling similar issue to me with same surgeries etc.  They recently found mass on his pancreas.  It turns out it is NOT cancer but will have to be removed or it could turn to cancer.  Thankfully he didn't ignore the warning signs.  this was great news to hear after all the other news lately.  I stay positive regardless.  My faith sustains me.

I've been keeping up with the news and the craziness with Iran.  However, it seems pretty strange that there isn't more continuous coverage.  Or maybe I just missed most of it with all the things going on.  I am not real sure what to make of this all.  I know Iran likes to talk big and tries to provoke us, but to what gain?  Yes, I know they hate us like no other but is that all it is?  What's their long game? Do they really think things will go well for them if we decide to go to war?  Puzzles me to say the least.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

So sorry to hear that. Prayers for all of you!