Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Post Surgery

It's done and gone.  This mass they removed from my chest wall was so big they couldn't stitch.  I have this huge hole right in the center of my chest.  They packed with a ton of gauze which I found out when we had to change the bandage.  Ugh.  The sticky part of the bandage was the stickiest I have ever seen.   My chest was shaved and I still couldn't pull it off without much pain  I had to have the wifely unit pull it off.  It was much easier that way.  Then came the removing of the packing.  I had tears in my eyes by the time it was over.  And replacing the packing didn't go so well K freaks out when she sees me in pain so it really didn't get put in correctly.  They had offered home health care to take care of that.  Today K decided to avail us of that.  I wanna see the reaction when the nurse sees this cavern in my chest.  I just hope it can be done easier and with a lot less pain.  Had no idea it would hurt like this.

K had her yearly mammogram the other day.  She got a letter to come back in for more imaging. K's mother died from breast cancer so I am just a bit on edge.  She seems fine, but I know how her mind works.  She doesn't want me to worry so covers it up well.  She said she thinks she moved during the test and that could be the reason they need to look again.  They say it is common to retest for various reasons.

We get the nugget again Friday Night and most of Saturday.  Oh and their dog.  Son #2 has a small show to be at so he needs her taken care of while he prepares.  Of course I can't wait to snuggle her again.  They say she has moved on from her constant singing to constant raspberries.  That should be fun for Poppy.


Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Glad that is done, prayers for a quick recovery!