Monday, June 10, 2019

Slackin'

I've been slackin' posting I know.  Actually I have been pretty busy and it just didn't occur to me to work on a post.  I really don't have much to say.  My minor surgery is tomorrow, I have to be there at 6 AM.  At least I should miss the traffic.  Be glad when it's done and the pain is gone.  Speaking of pain, my back has been giving me some issues of late and I just don't feel good.  Since I have the upcoming surgery I have had to stop ibuprofen and that has been rough yesterday and today.

Son#2 and his family will head out to Arizona in July.  It boggles my mind to go there in the summer, but they really had no choice since his wife is a teacher and so are the folks they are visiting.  It's really the only time they have.  Some have never seen my Granddaughter.  They are in for a treat.  I offered to keep the little nugget while they went out there.  Just trying to be helpful, ya know.  #2 says they probably don't want to see them if they come without the nugget.  Well, there's that...

We are gonna get the nugget for one or two nights this week and their dog will come too.  They have a lot going on and the nugget would make things very hard to get them done.  Of course I am looking forward to it.  Even having the dog should be good, he is pretty well behaved now that he has gotten to know us better.  But that's a 2 sided issue.  Having a dog around again will be a pleasure but may give me urges to get another.  We are trying life without pets for awhile.  They have kept us from doing a lot of things and we want to be freer to enjoy those things without that worry.  I am sure I will be the first to cave on getting another dog if the opportunity comes up....resistance is futile.

Son #1 got a new job within the company he works for.  He moved up to a managers job and will have his own team of adjusters.  It will me less travel and more $$.  He does have to turn in his company car.  So he has been looking for a new one.  I assumed he would get a Mustang since he had one before and loved it.  But his wife says it has to have 4 doors.  He has the speed gene so he wants something fast.  He was looking online and saw one that fit the bill, in Vegas.  So he and the wife booked a quick trip out to have a look.  They drove it home.  I don't know anything about this one, a Genesis g80 Sport.  He says it has twin turbos.  I see many tickets in his future.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Prayers for a quick/successful surgery! And yeah, he's gonna get tickets... LOL