Monday, June 17, 2019

New Week, New Challenges

It's been interesting this week having a nurse come to the house and repack the wound in my chest.  Most all the pain is gone but it's a strange feeling having someone pack Carlsbad Cavern on my chest.  I can't help but jump sometimes when they do it.  

Tuesday, K will have a long planned surgery on her heel to remove this giant bone spur that has limited her for the past year.  She will be very immobile for at least two weeks and then very limited after that.  We get varying time frames so we are a bit confused as to how long this will take until she is able to move around without the knee scooter or a boot.  I will be waiting on her as she will be depending on me for everything.  This will be a challenge with this cavern on my chest, but I am very optimistic.  The thing I will miss the most is having the baby come stay with us for quite some time.  Planning for a much needed roadtrip to Colorado in October is on hold till K is able.

Father's Day was pretty good here.  Both Sons came with their families and we just visited and ate dessert.  We were very blessed to have them all together.  One of them even got to watch the nurse deal with the cavern and he was making all the comments you might expect from a Son.  The nurse thought he was hilarious.  Unfortunately I was not able to see my Dad, but I did call while the whole family was here and put him on speaker phone for him.  He seemed to have fun.

We need to make a few last minute errands to get things squared away around here and not have to make an unplanned trip with K immobile.  Groceries are at the top of that list.  I have a follow up with the surgeon the day after K's surgery but she should be OK alone for a couple hours.  Just some juggling of things are needed.

Storms came through around midnight last night and wow was there a lot of lightning.  It was constant but the storm was fast moving and was gone in about 30 minutes, then the tropical rain started.  We got a very strong rain and received 2 inches in my gauge.  Today is it already getting steamy and will be throughout the day.

OK, I gotta head out.

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Glad things are working out. I need to mow, but rained again last night... Thinking about renting a brush hog at this point... sigh

Randy said...

Old NFO-thanks, same here with the rain and yard work