Thursday, October 11, 2018

Thursday and Great Weather

The weather here has finally turned cool.  In fact, on this morning's walk with Buster I was a bit chilled.  It was only 59* which really isn't all that cool, but the air is finally dryer and there was a slight breeze, and with me refusing to wear anything but shorts until the heater in the house is needed I was cooler than I expected.  Also for the last couple weeks the bucks are getting frisky and have been seen showing interest in chasing does.  That means the bigger bucks have been around, the ones we don't normally see until they start chasing does.  

This is one like that, that will show up only this time of year.


Hopefully today (Thursday) I can get out and finally cut the grass in my yard that has gone nuts with all the rain.  We had rain earlier in the week along with a couple other things that put it off farther than I wanted too.  Then we will head of to the depot of homes and get a few things.  I need to replace a flood light fixture for the front of the house.  The current motion detector one has quit on me.  With all the rain I now can see some fire ant mounds that need to be treated and I am out of Amdro.  There are a couple other things also that I can't remember as I write this but I have them written down.  I have to write them down as I have gone so many times to pick up a few things and have left without one or two I intended.  It is much too far to go to make two trips.  Hey, I'm old.

We finally got around to visiting my parents yesterday.  It had been a longer stretch than usual for our trip over with all the treatments we both were undergoing along with the usual life things.  It had been so long that my Mother even called us about it, which she never really does.  The only issue we had was that this is a pretty long distance, almost 30 miles one way, to get to their house.  Normally that isn't too bad but yesterday all the jack wagons were out driving on that same highway we were on.  And there were a lot of them.  Traffic bugs me more and more, more than I ever expected it to since I used to drive through heavy traffic when I was working.  

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Sigh... I missed hunt camp this week. And it's STILL too wet for me to mow!