Friday, October 26, 2018

Roof and a Small Show

I climbed up on the roof yesterday morning in order to trim the branches that were rubbing against my chimney.  I thought this would be a quick fix, just clip a couple branches and be done.  I was kidding myself.  There was much more that needed to be done and still more than I actually did.  There are a many more limbs/branches that I should take care of.  That would reduce the amount of tree debris that falls into the roof valleys.  The very same that got backed up and leaked into my house.  However, some of the limbs are larger than my equipment can handle.  I will need a proper chainsaw to get the other stuff.  Maybe I can borrow one of get my friend to come over and help as he has offered before.  It will most likely be put on hold 'til another more convenient time.  Like when I am more in the mood.  I really hate climbing up there so any excuse will work.  Now I have to clean up all that I cut down.  It looks like a very big amount, almost as much as I cut from all the other trees and this was from only one.

K has a show this evening.  The only one that she has on her schedule.  It is only for 4 hours so it should be to taxing no her but she has put in a lot of work to get ready for it.  Way more time and effort than the results may be at this type venue.  It is a fundraiser for an elementary school, so if none of the parent show up....Luckily it only cost her a 50$ fee.  It won't take much to get that back. She is putting a lot of pressure on herself and really feels the need to do very well.  She's like that.

Happy Trails


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Sometimes it's just 'worth' paying somebody to come trim the trees, especially if the limbs are overhanging the roof!