Monday, October 1, 2018

Monday October First-Trolling the land thieves

I love October.  The changing of the season to Fall (it's really late in this part of Texas generally).  Although we don't get much leaf color here there are flowers now sprouting up quite a bit from all the rain we had last month.  No, nothing is native.  The cooler weather is always welcome.  Although the temperatures are lower, the humidity has been off the charts.  It makes any task you want to do, even inside, somewhat unpleasant.  I am sitting here trying to cool off a little before I jump in the shower after spending a few minutes trying to get the bermuda grass (well the better part of it anyway) out of my garden and a flower bed.  I want to get some onions to plant soon and seeding for Bluebonnets needs to happen now.  I may try to head into town this week to see what I can find along with some other errands we have planned.  

Two more treatments on the 'rack.'  Then we should be finished on my back except for some maintenance visits.  We haven't really talked about how often that will be.  Our first conversation was every 3-4 months.  I can handle that.  I hope not to go every month.  The tooth/jaw pain is mostly gone, but it still bugs me at times.  It probably wouldn't much at all if I didn't have the aversion to taking pain relievers around the clock.  It seems to be forever this has gone on.

This will be a pretty busy week with various appointments here and there along with trying to help some friends with an estate sale this weekend.  They are needing to move to a smaller house, not a two story like the one they are in now.  He now has trouble getting up and down the stairs.  We will do all we can to make life easier for them.  

This is the week preceding ou vs. Texas football game at the State Fair in the Cotton Bowl.  I have been to that game once and it was a great experience.  Due to my Aunt and Uncles' connections I was able to meet some of my heroes from long ago at that game.  James Street and Ted Koy, and they were very gracious and friendly.  What a treat for me.  This is THE game for every Texas Longhorn fan.  You can talk about the rivalry with a&m or and even arkansas, when they were in the old Southwest Conference, none of them compare to this game.  While Texas holds the lead in the all time series record, the last few years have not been kind to the Longhorns.  I know that most fans expect big things this year against the land thieves.  With that being said I will post something everyday I can to troll them.  Here is today's:


Yes, I pick on folks from there all the time.  I can't help it, it's in my DNA.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

ROTF... Enjoy the game, I'll be hunting.