Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Trimming Trees

Monday morning I got out early to try and get some trees trimmed before more rain hit us.  Yes it is raining again here and is predicted to rain the rest of the week.  I was in a hurry to get them done as we have a brush/bulky pick up for our area on Nov. 3.  I don't want to miss this, my truck isn't big enough to haul much without doing multiple trips of over 30+ miles round trip.  I managed to get more done than I had expected.  I ran out of gas and had to go rest.  



This is just a little of what I had done.  The deer didn't wait for me to get it picked up before they were eating it.  There is still some laying out there since it is now raining.  I hope I have a chance to get it stacked in time for it to be hauled.  I still need to crawl up on my roof to trim some limbs away that are much too close.  Some are actually touching the chimney.  Not looking forward to that, it's hard for me to get up there.

Today I had an annual physical and all my numbers were good.  Got a flu shot and have to get another pneumonia shot.  They don't do those at the doctor office anymore, have to go to a pharmacy.  I don't really understand that but OK.  Since we have another Grandchild on the way I asked about the whooping cough vaccination we were told we need.  It was included with the tetanus shot I got 4 years ago so I am good to go.  Those are now done at the pharmacy too.  Glad to get that visit out of the way.  One more to go for this year and that is with the opthamologist for my diabetic eye exam. 

We will try to get to the early voting location soon.  Maybe the threat of rain will keep the lines short this time.  

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Glad you got most of it done! Be careful on that roof! And good news on the numbers!