Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Quiet But Busy

After a very emotional weekend we don't really have time to relax.  I won't go into the emotional part, it's just part of life that happens when you love others.  

K is down at the Army hospital (SAMMC) sitting with a friend while they wait for surgery to be completed on a young mother whose husband is deployed.  It is very possible the results if negative could be life threatening.  They have 4 very young children and this is a very trying time.  They don't need this after nearly losing the two youngest, one to near drowning and the other to meningitis right after birth.  I will be heading over to the Grandpa's house to visit with him while he watches two of the smallest kids.  We have another friend that will head home today after 28 days in the hospital and nearly losing his life.  Prayers have certainly been answered.

Various other errands kept us busy yesterday.  Tomorrow the plumber is supposed to call me and hopefully will be able to come out soon and fix our leak and the other things I have put off.  It appears that the final billing from my visit to the ER back in November has come in and we paid that yesterday.  There should be one final bill for K's stay and we expect that any day now.  It also appears we were overcharged for one of K's visit and we will see about a refund after an appropriate amount of time.  We want to give the wheels time to turn.  

I have things I am working on for our congregation that is a bit tedious but I volunteered and hopefully can get this finished this week.  I have to wrap up some loose ends.  

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

One step at a time. It's all we can do! Glad most of the news is good!!!

Randy said...

Old NFO, Thanks as always, appreciate your encouragement