Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Gators and Whataburger

Only in Texas.  A massive gator was trying to cross the road near Cleveland, Texas.  They had to get someone to move him.  Every time a vehicle would pass he would raise up and hiss at them, impeding traffic instead of moving on his way.  I can see a new special on the Whataburger menu now.

A gator and Whataburger in the same photo, nowhere else but Texas.



All 11' 6" inches of a possible gatorburger with cheese.  You want fries with that?  That's a big boy.  He was safely removed, only his dignity was hurt.


It reminds me of the time my Grandfather and his brother-in-law, my Uncle Billy, caught one while running trotlines South of town.  They hauled him up to the house and got some photos and then someone called the newspaper and they came out.  I have a photo and a copy of the article somewhere, but unfortunately it's one of those things you never see until you run across it again.  I have no idea where it is.  It was a big boy too.  9' long.  Not as big as this one but still pretty big for two old men to haul home in the back of their Ford pickup just because they could.  No idea what became of it.  No, I am sure it lived on, I know they didn't kill it.  It was illegal to do so then, there were no seasons for hunting them as now.  Funny how some things can spur your memories.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Gator tail is okay, the rest of them, not so much... But LUGGAGE!!! And boots!!! :-)