Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Did I tell you I Hate Plumbing?

Well I do.  The contorting and lying awkwardly while you try to disconnect and reconnect lines.  And then they leak.  Every stinking time.  No, I won't call a plumber for anything this minor.  Yes, it takes me longer to find my tools than it should, if I find all of the right ones.  Yes, I have to try reconnecting when it leaks because the teflon tape forgot to put itself on one of the connections.  Stupid tape.  

It all started with a leaky bathroom faucet handle.  I had a replacement cartridge that should be a simple fix.  Should have been.  This cartridge was sent by the manufacturer as a replacement and I had it on hand for several years.  Evidently it was the wrong one and they no longer make the one I needed.  SMH.  This meant having to replace the faucet completely along with another so they would match as we have two sinks in the bathroom.  I waited until Monday to go to Home Depot to get the one I found online to replace the current.  They went up 30$ apiece by Monday morning.  I didn't know they were on sale at the time I found them.  So my procrastination due to my hating plumbing cost me an extra 60$.  Still cheaper than a plumber is what I tell myself so I don't feel too bad.

Worked on the leaks I found after letting it sit overnight.  That was another struggle.  That's when I found where that teflon tape forgot to do its job.  I hate plumbing and love having Motrin.

K's replacement phone we got her a few months ago has been giving her fits.  It would freeze up at the most inopportune time and often.  Since she has insurance on it she is getting a replacement today.  It won't be new, the send 'rebuilt' models.  So we aren't doing any errands and I still haven't seen my Mother for Mother's Day as we await the arrival of this phone.  With all the package theft in our neighborhood, we don't want to miss the phone and have it laying on the porch.  We will shoot for tomorrow and take them some BBQ and beans.

Happy Trails

No comments: