Thursday, May 24, 2018

Have They Come to Their Senses?

No, not by a long shot. It seems the 'nfl' has come to its senses in regard to the National Anthem and how the prima donnas that play the game now must stand like normal Americans.  My question is "what took so long?"  Why now?  Less publicity, since nothing is going on now with them as far as games and all the publicity they get during the season, that's my guess.  Not being on TV daily and the players are off somewhere doing whatever they do in the off season and aren't in front of the cameras for the media to ask them stupid questions.  Basically just less instances to get bad publicity.  I'm sure there may be other 'rationalizations' they use to justify themselves, but it comes down to money.  Unhappy fans means less money, less fans means less money.  They aren't fooling anyone.  If they really cared about patriotism and how their players acted they would have addressed the not standing immediately, after the very first instance, not after multiple copy cats.  The fans stopped going to games and viewers decreased.  That hit them in the pocketbook.  Did I quit them?  No, I wasn't watching them for years prior to this.  At least 10 years ago I quit them completely.  I had been watching less and less for a few years before that.  The product I saw was turning my stomach.  I just couldn't abide all the childish behavior of overpaid spoiled children acting like asses every time they were in front of the cameras.  I was a huge Cowboys fan all my life.  Jerry Jones and his antics and the publicity he sought by hiring the likes of Terrell Owens was the last straw.  I'm sure they miss me terribly.  I don't miss them at all.  They can take a flying leap at a rolling donut for all I care.

The plumber came and went in about 30 minutes and 120$ later.  He will come back next week and install a pressure regulator.  We have 100# of pressure in our lines when he tested it.  Should be 70 or less.  We have had various numbers of leaks on water lines to faucets over the years with most of them being replaced a couple times.  Hopefully this will fix some of that.  I decide not to get the water cutoff valve replaced.  I can still shut it off at the meter.  It's not as convenient but I can still do it and it won't cost me a few hundred dollars.  I'm just glad things aren't leaking anymore.

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Agree on the NFL, money is their bottom line, nothing else... 100psi? I'm surprised you don't have leaks EVERYWHERE!!!

Randy said...

Old NFO, there have been leaks over the years and I have replaced every supply line in the house at one time or two.
We had no idea it was that high until a couple years ago and I put it off...until now.