Thursday, May 3, 2018

Hopeful

This Friday is hopefully the last doctor appointment either of us has for awhile.  I actually have another in July with the Urologist as I do every 6 months to verify there is no return of my prostate cancer.  The one Friday is with a GI, one that comes every 5 years so he can look around inside me and make sure there is no colon cancer.  Yes, that's right, I am prepping today for that.  Not leaving the house and trying to keep from starving on a clear liquid diet.  K had the same thing om Wednesday.  So we have been a bit occupied.  

Since the two smoker/pits I had been using were pretty much useless, I will have them hauled off.  Found guy that will do it for free.  He scraps the iron, that is how he makes money on that deal.  I am expecting his call any moment.  I had to get the heaviest one off the patio.  In doing so it has to come down three wooden steps I built.  The thing is so heavy and the wood so old, it broke two steps.  That was what I did the other day, replace the steps completely.  


I had to get that done pretty quick since Buster uses them all the time to get in and out of the house.  he could have easily hurt himself.  

I will put the new pit to use the day before Mother's day.  We will have the family over for brisket etc.  I am anxious to see how this new one works.  Only draw back is the Grandkids will not be here.  They will be on their way back from visiting Great Grandparents in Arizona.

The garden is lush.  Plenty of bloome and even several tomatoes have appeared.  I don't see any of the stink bugs we had last year and am hoping we won't.  Not sure if it's the Marigolds or something else.


Yes, I need to weed and weedeat around the border.  It will have to wait until next week....or so.  Don't judge me.


Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Good luck with the brisket!!! And glad you got the steps done!