Friday, November 3, 2017

Friday

We had the newlyweds out for supper last night.  It appears that we just got lucky with them having a vacant spot on their calendar.  They appear to be very popular right now, being invited over for supper etc. almost every night.  Son #2 said he wish they had a couple days of nothing to do and almost told us no.  I understand, a social engagement everyday or night would be way more than I could take.  It was the first time we had with them since the reception.  They invited us to see a movie with them today.  I think I will pass, I want to get more work in on those Kindle covers, but the wife may go.  I am just not a big fan of going to the movies.  Once or twice a year is about all I can manage and I have exceeded that this year.

Leather tooling proceeds, but slowly.  I still don't see real well out of my left eye.  That makes tooling much more difficult but I need to produce some results for the show K has coming up.  This eye thing is healing much slower than I anticipated.  Thursday was the last day for antibiotics, but I think I will continue them a little longer since I have plenty.  

The weather here is very humid and soggy.  After the last weeks spectacular weather it is a real downer.  I am also feeling much less energetic, I didn't even go to church with the wife Wednesday night.  Not sure it's the weather or what but I have just been dragging.  Hard to get motivated to do things, even things I like.  

I have been reading about the antifa groups planning some sort of mass mayhem on Nov. 4.  They claim they have 4 million super soldiers that are planning to start the revolution and will attack white people and business owners.  The reports I read aren't the national news media, they would never report something like this the left wing wackos are doing.  I don't really know what to make of all this.  Maybe it is just a ploy to make their targets nervous and hoping they will react badly.  I am not afraid at all, but I am cautious.  I doubt I will be out anyway but heightened situational awareness is always good.  Lock and load is my motto for the day.  I will not give up my freedom of movement due to their actions but I won't seek trouble either.

Be safe my friends.


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Agreed! They won't cause me to change 'my' way of life...