Monday, November 27, 2017

Monday After

Thanksgiving is over and things were supposed to get back to normal.  However the wife got really sick and I thought I might have to take her to the ER.  She is somewhat better now but still not well at all.  So I am trying to tend to her needs.

The college football season is coming to a close.  It has been a very up and down season for my Longhorns.  Just when you thought things were turning around they fall apart again.  The results are a very lackluster 6-6.  Not nearly as good as I had wished for and much worse than any Longhorn fan should expect.  I do see some major improvements from the last 3-4 years but there is much work to be done.  They have a better foundation to build on yet some of the foundation may bolt for the NFL.  I wouldn't blame them for cashing in but would really hate to see them in the NFL since I don't watch or care a flip for the nfl. 

I assume I will hear from the surgeon's scheduler this week.  I have to get an EKG done first and that is Wednesday.  So there won't be surgery anytime this week as the surgeon had suggested might happen.  I spoke with my good friend that is a doctor and he relieved my concerns and I will proceed with the surgery to include the gall bladder.  He echoed what I knew to be the truth, basically-better now than later when I am even older.  I just wasn't sure it was bad enough to really have to undergo all this and the surgeon left it totally up in the air.  That seems to be the new normal for all doctors these days.  Very non-committal and leaving it totally up to you, without ANY suggestion that something is better than the other as far as choices are concerned.  I don't have to worry about that with my friend as he is more concerned about my well being and has no liability he has to be concerned with like my own doctors have to be. I just wish they would be honest and tell their real thoughts.

So until we get this surgery scheduled and over things are sort of on hold, at least that is the feeling I will have.  I will try to keep everything as normal as possible and do whatever I usually do.  

I have become pretty good friends with my recently married Son's in-laws.  Especially the Dad.  We text each other on occasion.  We have much in common.  I think he is a bigger history buff than I am.  They plan to be here just after Christmas to visit.  I hope to take him to the Museum of the Pacific War in Fredericksburg, Texas.  Not that far from my house, just about an hour drive.  The ladies can come too since that town is perfect for them as far as uniqueness and shopping is concerned.  They can go one way and we will go the other.  It's been at least 10 years since I have been and I need to see all the new items and possibly see if they have displayed some items we donated from my Uncle that was at Iwo Jima as they said they would.  However, my surgery may ruin those plans.  It just depends on when it happens and how fast I recover.  I know my stamina won't be very good and I will need as much as I can get to see everything at the museum.  

Happy Trails


2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Hope the wife gets better, and good luck with your surgery!

Randy said...

Thank you sir, she is getting somewhat better