Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Tuesday

The weather has turned a little.  It is cloudy, cool and breezy.  We may have some thundershowers today.  By the weekend, we should have even much cooler weather.  I think it will be time to make some Caldo de Res (Beef Soup-Mexican style).  So at some point we will head into town to load up with groceries and a trip to Costco.  I will try very hard to resist impulse buying at Costco.  

We had thought about inviting Son #2 and his new bride to have soup with us.  AS it turns out, she was making soup when I contacted him.  She also is not a fan of eating beef.  WHAT?!?!  This is Texas, we eat beef.  No, she is not a vegan or anything like that, just doesn't prefer eating beef.  Too bad, now she probably won't enjoy my world famous BBQ or chili.  SMH.  

I finished up the small leather project the wife wanted.  I will start on a couple Kindle Fire covers. 
No, I have no one that has ordered them, but I really like how the wife's turned out.  So I want to make a couple more and try some new things on them.  I will just have them on hand and to give me things to work on and keep my hand and eye in practice.  I don't think I can even get on finished before the show for her to have, but I will try.  I have to limit myself to short bursts due to the issues with my neck  She has been madly making jewelry in order to have a large selection for this show she will be at on Nov. 11.  Unfortunately, there are several other shows that have more potential for success that same weekend that she will have to pass on since she committed to this one first.  

I have been watching the World Series.  I wouldn't have, if there had not been a Texas team involved.  I have to say, this has been a great series so far and the game Sunday was one of the best I have ever watched.  So I will most likely be in front of the tube again tonite and cheer on the Astros.  I am not as emotionally involved with this team as I don't know ANY of the players or coaches.  I just have lost interest in a lot of sports I used to enjoy.  There are many reasons for that but I'll skip over that and spare you.

Nothing else is going on.  We will just stay in and work on things for the show and go from there.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Hope she does well at the show! And I'd give her the Kindle covers too!