Saturday, November 18, 2017

90

Today we will head over to a restaurant near my parents and celebrate my Dad's 90th birthday.  His father lived to just past 100, his mother 90.  He has some issues, he has trouble walking and shuffles his feet, so he is always in danger of falling.  It happens.  He is really rarely ever sick.  His mind is still relatively sharp but he says things out of context more often these days.  He will fixate on something and comment on that when the conversation is about something totally different.  For instance, during my Mother's surgery recently, he noticed the color of her hair was much different.  I am pretty sure it was due to the lighting.  While we were all talking about the surgery and my Mom was ecstatic she was still alive, he could only comment that he didn't like the color of her hair.  It hadn't changed at all, so that is why I think it was the cast of the lights, we all noticed it.  But he brought her down a bit.  He will also say some inappropriate things, off color if you will.  Embarrasses my Mom to no end.  He jokes around all the time, and rarely will ever have a serious conversation.  I guess when you get to this age, you get a pass on just about anything.

I am not feeling up to snuff today, but it's nothing serious.  I just would like to stay here and veg out or read Old NFO's latest book.  I am liking it very much.  Was going to try and cut the back yard for the last time and get it shaped up for the winter.  That will have to wait.  

Went over to Son #2's house yesterday.  They want to cover/replace wall paper that is well past it's prime.  They wanted us to show them how we covered ours with joint compound instead of removing it.  It is a much easier process and gives it a unique textured look.  We wound up doing most of the work but got them started and they can finish it.

On the way home we stopped at Whataburger.  They have this new burger, the Chorizo burger.  It is pure genius.  The Chorizo is a milder version of some I have had.  It is perfect IMO.  If you have one near you, you gotta try it.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Hope they day goes well, and you enjoy the book!