Friday, October 27, 2017

Nothing to Worry About

My trip to the doctor about my eye turned out to not be serious thankfully.  There is a stye under my eyelid and it is causing some problems.  One of which is pink eye or conjunctivitis due to all the bacteria.  Warm compresses and some antibiotic eye drops should get me back to somewhat normal.  Just have to deal with the sticky eyelid and not seeing real well until it clears up.  Nothing to worry about, unless it doesn't go away.  Then the opthamologist gets involved.  I have an appointment with him next month anyway.

Son #1 called me yesterday which is a bit unusual.  He wanted to share with me that they were going to have their two mini dachshunds put down.  Their health had deteriorated considerably over the last week and they believed it was the right time.  Paralysis in one and several issues in the other.  They are taking it harder than they expected it to be, I know the feeling.  But they have been part of them for 12 years.  Not all that old for these type dogs but they have had a few health issues for several years now.  Then there are the Grandkids having to deal with death.

It also brought more into focus the things my Buster is dealing with more and more.  I know his time is coming soon also, it may be months, it may be a couple years.  He struggles to get up, and getting outside, up and down steps is much harder.  Sometimes he tries to get up and just quits.  We have started giving him pain meds and it seems to help a little.  We will go this route for a while.  The vet suggested laser light treatments on his back.  He claims it works very well and is somewhat affordable.  We may try this a few times if he doesn't do well with the pain meds  This winter will probably be very hard on him, they have been hard before, and now, I expect it to be worse.  When somewhat cooler weather comes on he used to get real spunky and run around feeling his oats.  Not this year.  I dread the future.

As much as we have enjoyed having a dog or two again after many years of being petless, Buster may be our last sadly.  In his better days.


Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Glad the eye issue is minor, sorry to hear about the dogs. That ALWAYS sucks, because they ARE family!