Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Evil

The dermatologist appointment is now history.  Not near as bad as I let myself believe.  The wife was even texting me evil messages of what will happen with the exam while I was in the waiting room.  telling me things like 'bend over and spread em.'  Not at all like her but she has her moments.  She had much too much fun at my expense.  She was somewhat surprised the exam wasn't as extensive has hers had been evidently.  I didn't even have to take off my pants...so take that sweetheart.

There was only one other spot the doctor was concerned about that may have been precancerous, and he froze that.  The only hitch in the appointment was that the referring doctor failed to send the pathology report.  That inhibited any further treatment of the known cancer.  Once they get the pathology they will know better how to proceed with treatment.  I will be heading back for that in a week or two.  However, due to my complexion (Irish) and this current cancer I will be making regular visits, every 6 months.  Yippee.  More freaking doctors.  That will make 8 visits to 4 different doctors every year.  The price I am paying for the ignorance of my youth.  Yeah, I know, it could be worse.  

We also made our monthly trip to Costco to stock up and spent more money than I had planned.  They always have something new or something not on my list that I just really think I have to have.  They get me almost every time.  I'm weak and ashamed.  

The preparations to have the entire family (around 25 folks) to our house this next Saturday, have started getting serious.  I have a bit of yard work to take care of, we want it presentable and since it will be outside it demands a little more attention.  Also the inside will get and has been getting spruced up.  We don't want them to see how we really live LOL.  I hate visitors you have to clean up for, but here we are.  We brought it on ourselves.  We felt like Son #2 and his new bride deserved at least a small party/reception since they have missed out on all the showers etc. they would have normally received with an extended engagement.  Plus it is a good chance to spend time with the relatives closest to us we don't see very often.  I may even try to behave.

Happy Trails

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Whatever else, we're still lucky we're HERE to go to the doctor... Just sayin' :-)

Harry Flashman said...

There's always something you want when you go shopping you hadn't planned on. Wouldn't be any fun if there wasn't.

Better you than me with all those people coming. I'd have a nervous breakdown.

Randy said...

Old NFO-no doubt

Harry Flashman-yes, that happens all the time to me. We don't do that very often, so I don't mind it once in a great while. Smaller is better.