Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Tuesday

Kim has the day off from the resort so she slept in.  She needs the rest.  I started in om planting the garden and got that all set up.  Just tomatoes so far.  I only have planted one strain of tomatoes also. After several attempts at others, the Florida hybrid 91 was the best producer overall.  Bountiful, early fruit, and just beautiful compared to all the others I tried.  Hopefully we will have more tomatoes to share and store than last year if I do this right.




We can't really decide on what else we want to mess(plant) with.  After several attempts at various type peppers I have given up that endeavor.  Bell peppers never produced, plenty of blooms and then the start but never matured beyond a lemon seed size.  Jalapenos just never produced enough to make it worthwhile.  We have ruled out squash, beans and melons as they need more room than we have available.  I never found any onions but it is rather late for them now.  I will try looking again come fall.  I will most likely have to go to a regular nursery for them.  

Part of the day was spent trying to get the weedeater going.  It appears I didn't get the carburetor drained of fuel like I thought.  Now I will have to pull it apart and try to get that thing cleaned out.  I really don't want to take it in to a repair shop again.  All they did last time was replace the carb and not try to repair it.  That's money in their pockets that I don't have.  Wish me luck.

Spoke with my mother on the phone Monday.  It seems she is sick again and is blaming it on some sort of medical test she had.  She also has more tests and appointments this week.  Consequently we most likely won't go see them until next week.  I have several things I need to discuss with them.  I want to pick my Dad's brain on some genealogy.  The others will remain private.  Life is getting more difficult for them, I am glad they have the resources to get the help they need on a daily basis since we live so far away.  Even so, my body is having it's own issues and helping others, as in the past, is now mostly a thing of the past sadly.  This old age thing isn't a joke anymore.  

I pay much less attention to the political scene lately.  Since the imposter has left along with most of his cronies I am less worried about something really stupid coming down on us all.  Yeah, I know, being vigilant of both sides is the thing to do.  Sometimes I just need a break from it all and see to my own concerns mostly.  Those are the things I can control so they take up my attention these days.  

Happy Trails


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Cutting out the extraneous BS is GOOD for the BP too... Good luck with the garden!