Friday, March 24, 2017

Catching Up

We have just been meeting ourselves coming and going.  We have two very close friends that are and have been in the hospital.  We have been trying to help where we can, from driving, to sitting with, encouraging and coordinating care and help for them and/or family.  Things have fallen way down the list on our 'to do' list.  Today, Friday, we are trying to catch up on a few things here that need attention while checking in with the friends.  They seem to be situated pretty well right now.  One is still extremely ill and the docs aren't quite sure why he isn't responding like they expect.  It's been a rough few days for his family.  We also managed to squeeze in a lunch visit to my parents and my Dad and I had a good conversation, first in a long time.  We talked about genealogy.  My Mom and I discussed some family business.  She is also in need of some surgery and I think she is a bit more worried than usual due to advanced age.  They took us to lunch for my belated birthday.

Oh, I don't want any of this to be misunderstood as complaining.  It's what just what we do when friends need help.  I am writing this just to document it for my old brain.

I did manage to get part of my yard cut.  Now I can see my dog, Buster when he goes out.  I am waiting on a carburetor for my weed eater to arrive.  Then I hope to put the finishing touches on the yard.  

The Oak Pollen has been hitting us pretty hard right now.  Both are vehicles are a sick shade of green.
The tassels from the Oaks have also starting falling.  The wind yesterday and last night was constant and around 30 mph would be my guess.  Not to fast but when it is constant things fall out of the trees and other things get blown around.  Not to mention it isn't pleasant to be outside.

I have a knife sheath/scabbard someone wants me to make for them.  They have a pocket knife they want to wear on their belt.  It is not a big knife at all.  But they also want it to look nice enough to wear when they dress up and go out.  OK, just not much room on such a small piece of leather to make it look 'fancy.'  This will require some head scratching.

Be back when I can.

Happy Trails.


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Hang in there sir! And I'm sure you'll come up with a nice knife holster, you've got the skill and temperament!