Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Nothing Much

Been pretty quiet around here lately.  We did make a trip to see the tax man Wednesday morning. 
We hope it's not too painful but we know it will be painful enough.

Since my cancer surgery just over two years ago I have been pretty inactive.  This has resulted in my being pretty lazy and not having much energy and even less stamina.  Amazing how fast that goes away at this age.  So I have been tying to do some exercise the last few days.  It's the first thing I do in the morning.  If I wait too long to get it done it won't get done.  I am not even fully awake but I believe this is the best way to do it so I keep doing it.  My leg muscles are letting me know they are there along with my arms.  

The wife has started doing this too.  She also has started some sort of very strict diet.  It is playing havoc with my eating.  Since she is so limited on exactly what she will eat, she isn't concerned at all about trying to fix things for both of us.  Not a big deal it's just a matter of me shifting gears.  It isn't all that easy to cook for just one person so I do a lot of scrounging for food.  I wanted to eat a place near our tax man for lunch, but their menu doesn't match up with her diet.  She was willing to go and eat a salad but I didn't want to be eating some great looking cheese burger in front of her while she is on that diet.  So we came home and I scrounged.  The results of her diet may just benefit me also if I can keep avoiding the eating out issue.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

I'm walking a couple of miles a day. It's a start, and working on a diet that will take about 20 lbs off. I feel your pain, since I AM cooking for one. sigh...