Friday, March 17, 2017

Friday

Still no joy on the weedeater.  I took the carburetor apart and hit every little hole with WD 40 and they all seemed to be clear.  Replaced the spark plug and still nothing.  I will try one last thing today and take the carb apart again.  If that doesn't do it I will order a new carb.  I can replace it by ordering one online for less than half the price I was charged to have it fixed before.  Installation is not a problem.  I will take that route since the repair shop did nothing but put a new carb and spark plug before.  I can do that and save the exorbitant labor costs.

Kim is at the resort today and will be again Saturday to close out Spring Break.  She has been somewhat successful and hope that continues today and tomorrow.  You never know how things will go with that type business.  About the time you think you have a pattern established it gets blown apart.  Weather can be a factor when it forces the guests inside and they are looking for things for their kids to do.  Then again when she is working outside, weather permitting, she can do very well also as she is more visible.  It's a big crap shoot on success or not.

I'm sure you have been to a restaurant that serves Chicken Fried Steak.  If you are not familiar with what that is, the name should tell the whole story.  It is a piece of meat, generally a cheaper cut, i.e. Round Steal, that is fried just like chicken is fried in a batter.  It puts a great crunchy crust on it.  
Every Restaurant in Texas claims to have the best in the State.  Most of these steaks are drowned in a cream gravy.  I take my gravy on the side so I can control the amount of gravy.  I hate the crust to get all soggy before you get though.  This method allows me to have a crispy steak until the end.  Now to my point.  It seems that 'chicken fried' steak is so popular it has made restaurants go crazy.  Maybe you have noticed this too.  If they serve fried chicken, they now list it as 'chicken fried chicken.'  
What?  Is that something different than fried chicken?  Is it just me?  Has the world gone stupid-OK we know the answer to that last one.  Sometimes I just think weird things.

Happy St. Patricks Day

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

No, they've gone totally stupid... sigh... What's 'funny' is when they have both Chicken fried chicken AND fried chicken on the menu... LOL

Randy said...

Old NFO-i don't think I have seen that...yet